Easy recipe for Chunky Monkey Muffins with chocolate, peanut butter, bananas, and walnuts. They are made without eggs and dairy. These vegan and refined sugar-free muffins taste amazing! Go make them now! I bet you have all the ingredients at home already!
Ever since I’ve made these vegan Chunky Monkey Cookies, I’ve been determined to Chunky Monkey my life! I’m still obsessed (like a crazy person!) with the combo of
- peanut butter
- chocolate chunks
- and walnuts.
It’s all the good stuff in one tasty treat!
At the very end of summer 2017 a couple of vegan Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors popped up in the stores in Austria (I know.. we are always a bit behind). Obviously, my boyfriend and I had to try all the new flavors at once: Chunky Monkey, Chocolate Fudge, and PB & Cookies.
Chunky Monkey wasn’t even our favorite (PB & Cookies for the win!) but the combo of bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chunks and walnuts stuck to me. And I’ve been enjoying to incorporate these flavors in various desserts like these Chunky Monkey Cookies!
The recipe is super easy and you’ll only need a bowl! Just add all the wet ingredients into the bowl first, then add the dry ones. Combine. Add the goodies (pb, chocolate, walnuts). Scoop into the muffin pan. Add more chocolate, peanut butter and walnut goodness on top. Bake. And enjoy. Told ya, easy!
As with all the recipes on my blog, this recipe is
but it’s also
- refined sugar-free (sweetened with bananas, maple syrup and of course the chocolate chunks).
I’ve been trying to stick to basic ingredients for this recipe. So you’ll probably have all the ingredients at home already. What are you waiting for? Go and make this recipe for you and your loved ones. They will thank you for that :)
More Vegan Chunky Monkey Recipes You’ll Love
I hope you will enjoy these muffins as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Chunky Monkey Muffins (Vegan and Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1 ripe banana - peeled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I used unsweetened rice coconut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks (save a few to add on top right before baking)
- 1/4 cup walnuts - chopped (save a few to add on top right before baking)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter - chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the maple syrup, plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
- Into the bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine. It should be a thick batter.
- Add in about 3/4 of the chocolate chunks, walnuts, and peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin pan lined with muffin papers or silicone forms. The batter should be enough for 6 muffins. Divide the rest of the chocolate, walnuts and peanut butter onto the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top. You can use a toothpick or small wooden stick to check if the muffins are baked all the way through. Let them cool off a bit before digging in!