Make the most out of summer and use fresh fruits to make delicious muffins for friends and family. They’ll all love these vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins!
We got a huge container of cherries from my boyfriend’s parents, but we haven’t had the time to eat them all because we only had a couple of days before heading out of town for a few days for our Barcelona trip.
That’s why I baked the cherries into muffins – and these delicious vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins were the result. Because muffins are a totally acceptable little gift and I gave some of the muffins back to my boyfriend’s parents. I just upgraded the cherries.
I love the combination of cherries and chocolate! It’s like a white version of Black Forest Cake – White Forest, so to say :D
Vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour , sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil liquid
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate , divided
- 1 cup cherries , pitted and halved
- 11 whole cherries , pitted
- Pre-heat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisk, then add in coconut oil, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fold in half of the chopped chocolate and the halved cherries.
- Fill the muffin batter in muffin wrappers or use a lightly oiled muffin pan. Add the rest of the chopped chocolate and put a whole, pitted cherry on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden. Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!
Did you make these vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)