This Butternut Squash Dip is the perfect creamy dip for the fall! Have it with crackers, bread chips, or veggie sticks.
Dips and crackers are a match made in heaven. Especially this beautiful golden Butternut Squash Dip and Spelt Chia Crackers.
Whether you’re in need of some snacks for a party or looking for something to nibble on while watching Netflix; this dip and crackers combo is exactly what you’re looking for!
To bring out the most flavor, I roasted half a butternut squash in the oven and spooned the flesh into a blender. Then added chickpeas (for a rich texture), lime juice, salt, and water. It’s easy and delicious.
I’ve drizzled the dip with olive oil and sprinkled it with chopped fresh parsley. So, so good!
How to make a Butternut Squash Dip
You will need:
- half a butternut squash
- canned chickpeas
- lime juice
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
The Basic Steps
Serve the butternut squash dip with …
- Spelt Chia Crackers (pictured above)
- Soft Baked Pretzels
- Crispy Bread Chips
- Pretzel Garlic Knots
- Everything Crackers
- Vegan Za’atar Breadsticks
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Butternut Squash Dip as much as I did!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Butternut Squash Dip
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + more to drizzle over the dip
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to sprinkle over the butternut before baking
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. For the dip we only need one half.
- Brush the inside of the butternut squash with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place the butternut squash with the inside down onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake it like that for 20 minutes; then flip it over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Spoon out the flesh into a blender. Add the chickpeas, lime juice, salt, and water.
- Blend until creamy. You can always add more water if it’s too thick.
- Add the dip to a bowl and top with olive oil and freshly chopped parsley. Serve it with crackers or veggie sticks.