These oven-baked Potato Wedges with the Middle Eastern spice mixture Za’atar are the perfect snack or side dish! I have been making these quite a lot lately! Quick & easy to make and so delicious!
Remember the delicious-looking wedges from the creamy basil dip recipe? In this post, I’m going to show you how to make them!
I’ve been loving za’atar for quite a while now, but when I was in Tel Aviv this za’atar obsession got to a whole new level. I love how they use za’atar there! When we went out to get pizza, there was za’atar on every table to sprinkle over the pizza. And of course, the typical za’atar flatbread was to die for!
So what is Za’atar?
Za’atar is a traditional herb and spice blend of the Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. It’s a mix of dried sumac berries, marjoram, thyme, basil, oregano, white sesame seeds, and Himalayan pink salt. There are a few different za’atar spice mixes out there, but basically, these are the usual ingredients. If you can’t find Za’atar in your local supermarket, you can always order it online.
If you’re loving za’atar as much as I do, you should check out my other recipes with za’atar as well:
How to make Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with Za’atar
- olive oil
- za’atar seasoning
The basic steps
Step 1: Peel the potatoes (optional) and wash them.
Step 2: Cut them into wedges.
Step 3: Add the olive oil, za’atar seasoning, and salt.
Step 4: Mix. I usually fold over the parchment paper and shake them around a bit to coat them evenly. No oily fingers! :)
Step 5: Lay them flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. They shouldn’t overlap each other.
Step 6: Bake them in the oven at 420°F/220°C for about 20 minutes until golden and crispy!
If you like this recipe, you will probably enjoy these potato side dishes as well
- Homemade Crinkle Cut Fries
- Oven-Baked Potato Slices
- Potato Croquettes
- Crispy Potato Twisters
- Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes
I hope you will enjoy these potato wedges with za’atar as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with Za'atar
- 6 medium-sized potatoes peeled (or leave the skin on if you prefer) + washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons za'atar seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 420°F/220°C.
- Cut the potato into halves, then cut them again lengthwise to make wedges. If you're using large potatoes, you can even cut them in thirds.
- Transfer the wedges onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, and za'atar seasoning and mix until they are all coated. I usually fold over the parchment paper and shake them around a bit so I don't have to get my hands or another tool oily. Then lay them flat without overlapping each other.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes (flipping them once after 10 minutes) until golden brown and crispy on the outside.