I don’t think there is anything better than a stack of fluffy vegan blueberry pancakes for breakfast on weekends! They are super quick & easy to make – done in 30 minutes!
Who is obsessed with pancakes? It’s this girl! *pointing to me*
If you are looking for a super simple vegan pancake recipe for weekend brunch, this is it. I mean, who doesn’t love blueberry pancakes?!
I’m sure you will love these, because:
- These pancakes are quick to make – 30 minutes max from start to finish.
- You can make the pancake batter in 1 bowl (minimal clean-up!).
- They are made with basic ingredients (flour, baking powder, maple syrup, oil, plant-based milk, banana, blueberries – these are household staples, right?!).
- They are the fluffiest pancakes ever. Trust me on this one.
- The recipe is highly versatile. Mix it up by subbing different fruits (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, …), adding chocolate chips, coconut flakes, etc.
How to make vegan blueberry pancakes
For these quick & easy vegan blueberry pancakes you’ll need only 7 ingredients:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup
- baking powder
I’ve topped the pancake stack with a couple more fresh blueberries and drizzled it with maple syrup. This is pancake perfection right here!
The basic steps
Making pancakes without eggs and dairy is super easy!
Here are the basic steps:
Tip: Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the middle and when the corners have set.
Frequently Asked Questions – Pancakes
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
These pancakes are made completely without white sugar. They are sweetened only with bananas and maple syrup. So I consider these pancakes to be a much healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. Also, they don’t contain any animal products! And there’s only minimal oil. If you want to make these pancakes even healthier, you can use a mix of spelt and wheat flour or use whole wheat flour.
Pancakes without eggs and dairy? It’s totally possible! You don’t even need any weird egg replacement powders. For these Vegan Blueberry Pancakes, I’ve used mashed bananas and a bit more baking powder than usual. This results in the fluffiest pancakes ever! And they hold together perfectly. No need for eggs at all! I promise. As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case, rice milk but you can use any you want!).
More delicious vegan Pancake Recipes
- 15+ The Best and Fluffiest Vegan Pancake Recipes
- Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks
- Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Plantain Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Apple Pie Pancakes
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup + more for drizzling on top
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries + more to add on top
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk.
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Whisk until incorporated. Add in the blueberries and carefully fold them in. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop full or a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get about 8 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, top with fresh blueberries and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.