These vegan Apple Pie Pancakes are perfectly fluffy! They are topped with almond butter, maple syrup and toasted almond slivers. Delicious!
I absolutely love how these vegan Apple Pie Pancakes have turned out! Not only did the apartment smell amazing while making these (thanks to the cinnamon powder, ginger powder, toasted almonds and apple) but they also were the perfect breakfast treat!
The pancakes are super fluffy, easy to make, and rather quick too!
I don’t like eating apples on their own but when they’re in pancakes (or as apple fritter rings), I’d gladly take them! :)
As always, you can find the full recipe at the end of the post. But here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- an apple
- all-purpose flour
- hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
- baking powder
- cinnamon powder
- ginger powder
- plant-based milk (e.g. almond milk)
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- almond slivers for the topping
How to make Apple Pie Pancakes
Making vegan pancakes is super easy!
These are the basic steps:
- Combine flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder, and spices.
- Add the wet ingredients. Whisk.
- Fold in the apple chunks.
- Transfer the batter (tip: use an ice cream scoop!) into the pan. Cook until bubbly. Flip.
- Stack. Add toppings. Eat. Delicious!
Of course, you could also make a topping with apple chunks (maybe slowly cooked in maple syrup?) but I’ve opted for an almond butter, maple syrup and toasted almond slivers topping. The combination of almond butter and maple syrup creates a lovely marzipan/caramel-taste and the toasted almond slivers add a nice crunch.
Vegan Apple Pie Pancakes
Apple Pie Pancakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and ginger powder.
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup, and almond butter. Whisk until there are no large lumps left.
- Peel the apple. Remove the core. Cut it in small chunks. Fold the apple chunks into the pancake batter.
- Bring a flat pan (or pancake griddle) to medium heat and spray it with a bit of oil. Add an ice cream scoop of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Toast the almond slivers in a pan without oil for about 1 minute until slightly brown and toasty.
- Stack the pancakes, drizzle with almond butter, maple syrup and top with toasted almond slivers. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan Apple Pie Pancakes? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3