Who said you needed eggs for delicious pancakes? These are the fluffiest vegan pancakes ever and you don’t even need any weird, powdery egg replacements for them. I’ve topped the Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes with almond butter and raspberries. What a start to the day!
I never was a sweet breakfast person. That changed with pancakes. Pancakes are now my favorite weekend treat (and when the time allows it on weekdays too!).
And I see that you’re a pancake-loving audience as well because the vegan Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks quickly grew to be my most popular recipe of all time (with over 100k shares on Pinterest). So… I like pancakes… you like pancakes… we should all eat more pancakes :) I’m glad we’re on the same boat!
These Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes are inspired by the Banana Bread Pancakes but stripped down to the bare basics without missing any of the fluffiness or flavor.
The ingredients for Vegan Banana Pancakes
For these easy banana pancakes you’ll need only 6 ingredients:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup
- baking powder
I’ve topped the pancake stacks with almond butter (I’m obsessed with that stuff) and raspberries. But feel free to add any other fruits or nut butter.
Alternatively, you can drizzle more maple syrup on top, add blueberries or chocolate chips into the pancake batter, and enjoy the hell out of this delicious breakfast treat.
Who said you needed eggs for delicious pancakes? These are the fluffiest vegan pancakes ever and you don’t even need any weird, powdery egg replacements for them. I’ve topped the pancakes with almond butter and raspberries. What a start into the day!
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add in the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, drizzle with almond butter and top with fresh raspberries.
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn't spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk.
Did you make these fluffy vegan Banana Pancakes? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3