Who said you needed eggs for delicious pancakes? These are the fluffiest vegan pancakes ever and you don’t even need any weird, powdery egg replacements for them. I’ve topped the Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes with almond butter and raspberries. What a start to the day!
I never was a sweet breakfast person. That changed with pancakes. Pancakes are now my favorite weekend treat (and when the time allows it on weekdays too!).
And I see that you’re a pancake-loving audience as well because the vegan Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks quickly grew to be my most popular recipe of all time (with over 100k shares on Pinterest). So… I like pancakes… you like pancakes… we should all eat more pancakes :) I’m glad we’re on the same boat!
These Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes are inspired by the Banana Bread Pancakes but stripped down to the bare basics without missing any of the fluffiness or flavor.
How to make vegan Banana Pancakes
The ingredients & possible substitutions
For these easy banana pancakes you’ll need only 6 ingredients:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk – e.g. rice milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, whatever you have at home!
- maple syrup – you could also use rice syrup
- oil – I am using canola oil that is flavored with vegan butter aroma (delicious!) – you can also use any kind of neutral, plant-based oil such as sunflower, coconut oil, …
- flour – I am using all-purpose wheat flour
- baking powder
I’ve topped the pancake stacks with almond butter (I’m obsessed with that stuff) and raspberries. But feel free to add any other fruits or nut butter.
Alternatively, you can drizzle more maple syrup on top, add blueberries or chocolate chips into the pancake batter, and enjoy the hell out of this delicious breakfast treat.
The basic steps
Making pancakes without eggs and dairy is super easy!
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
These pancakes are made completely without white sugar. They are sweetened only with bananas and maple syrup. So I consider these pancakes to be a much healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. Also, they don’t contain any animal products! And there’s only minimal oil. If you want to make these pancakes even healthier, you can use a mix of spelt and wheat flour or use whole wheat flour.
Pancakes without eggs and dairy? It’s totally possible! You don’t even need any weird egg replacement powders. For these Vegan Banana Pancakes, I’ve used mashed bananas and a bit more baking powder than usual. This results in the fluffiest pancakes ever! And they hold together perfectly. No need for eggs at all! I promise. As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case rice milk but you can use any you want!).
More delicious vegan Pancake Recipes
- Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks
- Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Plantain Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Apple Pie Pancakes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these fluffy vegan banana pancakes as much as I do! If you like them, please let me know. It always makes my day to hear good reviews!
I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube! Let’s connect <3
Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes with Almond Butter and Raspberries
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients for the toppings
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Whisk until incorporated, try not to overmix.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, drizzle with almond butter and top with fresh raspberries.
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.