These sugar-free Banana Cookies are mind-blowing. You only need 5 basic ingredients to make them, and they are also vegan and oil-free. They are soft cookies, with a crisp edge.
These cookies are insane. They are soft, fudgy cookies with slightly crispy corners.
What I love about these cookies is that they are:
- ready in 25 min
- made with 5 ingredients only
I think that these cookies are the healthiest cookies, or at least among the healthiest.
But I have to warn you, these are not your typical cookies, and I think it’s the most controversial recipe on my blog because some people love, love them and some really hate them.
I like how simple these banana cookies are. You only need bananas, plant-based milk, ground almonds, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. The riper the bananas, the better, because then the cookies will be sweeter.
So, the next time you have ripe bananas lying around. Think about these cookies. Make them. Let me know what you think! :)
A note on the Sweetness
I’ve added no white sugar and no maple syrup to these cookies, they are completely fruit-sweetened by the bananas. Of course, they are not crazy sweet but they are certainly sweet enough for me and for my boyfriend.
It’s important to use bananas that are very ripe (at least spotty!) otherwise the cookies won’t be sweet at all. The riper the banana, the better.
If you feel like you need more sweetness, feel free to add maple syrup, agave syrup, rice syrup, or your sweetener of choice.
How to make Vegan & Sugar-Free Banana Cookies
As always you will find the whole recipe with measurements in the box below but I want to give you an overview of the key ingredients, variations, and the process with step-by-step photos first.
You will need:
- bananas (they should at least be spotty, if they are riper, then your cookies will be sweeter)
- plant-based milk (any milk will work: soy, rice, almond, oat, hazelnut; I used oat milk)
- ground almonds (alternatively you can also use ground hazelnuts or ground walnuts)
- all-purpose wheat flour
- baking powder
I’ve updated this recipe and included ground almonds for a better texture. The previous version was without the ground almonds, so with a full cup of all-purpose flour.
Variations & Add-Ins
You can add pumpkin spice powder, cinnamon powder, a little bit of salt, ground vanilla to the batter for variations.
For extras, you can add freeze-dried raspberries, dried blueberries, raisins, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts.
The basic steps
These cookies are as healthy as cookies get. They are made without refined sugar, and without oil or butter. They are only sweetened with bananas.
I’d recommend keeping them on the counter for a day, in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, or you can freeze them.
Maybe! Each flour is different and you might have to add more or less milk to make it a batter that is spreadable enough but not too thin. If you try it out with gf flours, feel free to leave a comment.
More (refined) sugar-free recipes
- Chunky Monkey Cookies (Banana Cookies + Walnuts + Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chips = Cookie Heaven)
- 20+ Vegan & Refined Sugar-Free Desserts
- Strawberry Nice Cream Shake
- 2-Ingredient Cantaloupe Ice Cream
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy these vegan Banana Cookies as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Vegan & Sugar-Free Banana Cookies
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup oat milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oat milk and stir to combine.
- Add the ground almonds, flour, and baking powder and stir to combine until it's a thick batter. Try not to overmix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop equally sized blobs (about 9) of batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 13-15 minutes (until slightly brown on the edges).
- Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!