This vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free Strawberry Nice Cream Shake is the perfect, healthy treat for the summer! 3 ingredients only!
I’ve been vegan for 4 years now, so obviously I always have frozen bananas in the freezer. And I totally recommend you keep a stash of frozen bananas in the freezer too! Because frozen bananas are perfect for nice cream (simply process them in a food processor and you will have the most amazing banana ice cream) and other creamy smoothies and nice cream shakes, like this one. It always blows my mind when people don’t know about nice cream… :)
This vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free Strawberry Nice Cream Shake is the perfect, healthy treat for the summer! You’ll only need 3 ingredients for the shake. If you want to top it with my super simple chocolate sauce, that’s another 3 ingredients, you’ll have a super awesome chocolate drizzled shake with only 6 ingredients!
And it only takes a few minutes to make. The bananas and strawberries make it sweet enough (at least for me), so you probably won’t need any additional sweeteners.
For best results, I recommend using a high-speed blender. I’ve used my Omniblend V, which I love. Less powerful blenders will probably not be able to process the frozen banana chunks completely.
Strawberry Nice Cream Shake (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
Ingredients for the Strawberry Nice Cream Shake
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I used unsweetened rice-coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries , green parts removed
- 3 frozen bananas , in chunks
Ingredients for the Chocolate Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup (or maple syrup or agave syrup)
- For the chocolate sauce: Add the cocoa powder, water and brown rice syrup in a small pot, whisk well, and let it cook for about 3 minutes on small heat, then let it cool off for a bit. It should get thicker.
- For the Strawberry Nice Cream Shake: Blend the plant-based milk and strawberries in a high-speed blender. Add the frozen banana chunks and blend again until completely smooth.
Estimated Nutrition Info
If you give this recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3