If you want something sweet, but also energizing, then this Coffee Nice Cream is perfect for you! And it’s so healthy, you can even have it for breakfast.
What is Nice Cream? How to make it?
If you’ve never made nice cream before: Prepare to have your mind blown. Nice Cream is truly magic!
You only need frozen bananas for the base. It’s best if they’re chopped (broken into chunks), then frozen. Then put them in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until creamy! This may take a few minutes, but scrape down the edges, and don’t give up.
You’ll be rewarded with the
- most natural,
- refined sugar-free ice cream EVER.
It’s so NICE. No wonder it’s called Nice Cream!
About this Coffee Nice Cream
Remember the Coffee Nice Cream Shake I posted a few weeks back? It’s something I’ve been drinking a lot during this heat wave and people asked me if it’s possible to make it into ice cream. It is, and here is the recipe. But we have to adapt it a little bit.
In my first attempt of making coffee nice cream, I added instant coffee to the frozen bananas, but it was really bitter and not enjoyable. So the solution, that I’ve found is, to dissolve the instant coffee powder, together with a bit of cocoa powder, in a very small amount of water (we don’t to introduce too much liquid to our ice cream). And add this slurry/mush to the nice cream. And that works really well. I hope you give it a try as well!
How to make Coffee Ice Cream
As always, you will find the whole recipe with measurements and instructions in the recipe box below but I want to give you an overview of the ingredients and basic steps (with step-by-step photos) first.
You’ll only need a few ingredients for this ice cream:
- frozen bananas
- instant coffee powder – It’s important that the coffee powder is fine and not clumpy, you can sift it. The last thing you want is to have coffee powder clumps in the nice cream.
- cocoa powder (optional)
The basic steps
More Vegan Ice Cream Recipes you will love
- 10 Vegan Nice Cream Recipes to Beat the Heat
- Cantaloupe Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Raspberry Nice Cream
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan Coffee Nice Cream as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Coffee Nice Cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 frozen bananas peeled, chopped, frozen overnight
- Combine the instant coffee powder, cocoa powder, and water in a small bowl. Whisk.
- Add frozen banana chunks into the food processor. And pulse.
- Once the frozen bananas are covering the bottom, you can add the coffee-cocoa-water-mixture.
- Pulse until completely smooth. (Don't give up, this may take a while depending on the power of your processor.) You might have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Transfer the coffee nice cream into a bowl or scoop into cones. Enjoy!