These Chunky Monkey Cookies are not only vegan, but also oil-free and sugar-free. But you wouldn’t notice that because they are fudgy, perfectly sweet and a real flavor explosion in your mouth. Banana, chocolate, walnuts, peanut butter… you’ll love those!
I never had cookies like these before and I bet you haven’t either! They are super soft and fudgy. Almost too fudgy? Is this a thing? I don’t think so.
The cookies are made without eggs, dairy, sugar or oil. Instead, I’ve used bananas (very ripe ones because they are the sweetest), almond milk, flour, baking powder and of course the add-ins to make these cookies into Chunky Monkey Cookies.
The add-ins for the Chunky Monkey Cookies:
- chocolate chunks
- chopped walnuts
- blobs of peanut butter
- and lots of bananas! And I don’t mean banana extract or flavoring. I mean real bananas!
And yes, I’ve been inspired for those by the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream that is one of the vegan flavors!
These cookies are great to give to friends, family, and co-workers. The easiest way to make someone like you is to bake them cookies ;)
The combination of peanut butter, chocolate and bananas is a classic one. Who doesn’t love that combo?!
Actually what I find most spectacular about these cookies is that they are sugar-free and oil-free (don’t mind the add-ins). Healthy never tasted that good!
More Vegan Chunky Monkey Recipes You’ll Love
I hope you will enjoy these cookies as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Chunky Monkey Cookies (Vegan, Oil-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 small handful walnuts - chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate - chopped (make sure it's vegan)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter - chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a mixing bowl. Add the almond milk and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir to combine until it's a thick batter. Now add about 3/4 of the walnuts and chocolate (save a few to add them to the cookies later). And combine.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop equally sized blobs of batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add pieces of the chilled peanut butter onto each cookie. And top with the remaining chocolate and walnuts.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (until slightly brown on the edges).
- Let them cool off and enjoy!