This is a super quick version of vegan Palak Tofu – the plant-based alternative to the traditional Palak Paneer. It uses canned spinach as a base!
I love Palak Tofu and I make it quite often, but I don’t make it always the exact way like I always do – I like to experiment with things.
I’ve had canned spinach (super cheap for the amount you get!) at home, which I bought at an Indian market and wanted to use it for a Palak Tofu – the veganized version of the traditional Palak Paneer, which is a Indian Cheese in a spinach gravy.
If you have about 15 minutes – you can make this delicious and comforting Palak Tofu.
If you want to use fresh spinach for this dish, check out my other Palak Tofu recipe.
Serve it with…
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this vegan Palak Tofu Curry as much as I do!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Quick and Dirty, Vegan Palak Tofu
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add the canned spinach, coconut milk and tomato purée and mix. Let it thicken up while preparing the tofu.
- Cut the tofu in little cubes and add it in a another hot pan. Season with the Kala Namak. Pan-Fry it for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the salt, ginger powder and curry powder to the spinach curry. Taste and add additional spices to your liking.
- Once the spinach curry is hot and tastes delicious, add the tofu cubes to the curry and give it a good mix.
- Your quick and dirty Palak Tofu is ready to be served!
The Palak Tofu is best served with some Homemade Naan and Basmati Rice.