Recipe for a vegan, oil-free, 4 Ingredient Sesame Naan. It only takes 5 minutes to make and is the perfect addition to any curries or other Indian dishes.
I have a very special recipe to share with you! My vegan, oil-free, 4 Ingredient Sesame Naan. It only takes about three minutes to make or even less!
I’ve been experimenting A LOT with naans because I wanted to create one that goes really, really fast. I love quick curries so I needed a naan, that I could make that is ready when the curry is. You may have noticed the naan (or variations of it) in previous photos like the Falafel Curry, Palak Tofu or Dal Makhani – you already see, there’s no curry for me without a naan!
This Sesame Naan
- is vegan
- & oil-free
- can be made in three minutes
- is made without yeast >> no rise time >> quick!
- is the perfect side dish for any curry!
The ingredients for the Sesame Naan
You’ll only need:
- black and white sesame seeds
Sounds pretty easy, right?! Well, it is! And I bet you have all the ingredients at home already!
I love it when recipes are as simple as possible. So is this naan! All-purpose flour, salt, water and sesame seeds – that’s all that goes in there! No yeast means also no rise = so it’s so quick to make, you won’t believe it (actually, yes you will!).
I’ve used black and white sesame seeds – but feel free to use only white or black ones or leave them out completely. Whatever you like!
I’ve baked the naan in my flat crepe-pan, which works great! I always preheat the pan as hot as possible. It’s much faster than baking it in the oven!
Serve the Sesame Naan with
- Palak Tofu (or the quick and dirty version)
- Dal Makhani
- Falafel Curry
- Sweet Potato Curry
- Mango Chutney
- or any of these 15 Amazing Vegan Curry Recipes
Vegan, oil-free, 4-ingredient Sesame Naan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water + a bit more until a smooth dough forms
- black and white sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- Heat a crepe pan or other flat pan over high heat.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add in the water and mix with your hand until it forms a nice dough like in the photos. You may have to add a bit more water until you can form a nice, smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces and press them down a bit with your hand.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and roll both of them out on a floured surface.
- Bake one after another in the pan for about 30 seconds, turn and bake the other side for a few seconds. Just have an eye on them so they don’t burn, they won’t take long!
- Enjoy the sesame naan with your favorite curries!