Make your very own Puffed Quinoa Granola! Have it with plant-based milk, yogurt or sprinkle it over nice cream! This version is with chocolate and peanut butter!
I love, love, love making my own granola because it’s easy, fast, versatile, and cheap. You can get really creative by adding different kinds of nut butter, dried fruits, nuts, or whatever you have lying around in your pantry.
And maybe you are like me and bought a pack of puffed quinoa some time ago? Maybe it is still waiting for you to use it finally? Then this recipe is for you!
By adding puffed quinoa, it results in a fine, almost melt-in-your-mouth granola. It’s so good!
How To Make Puffed Quinoa Granola
You can find the whole recipe in the box below, but I want to give you an overview of the required ingredients and the basic steps first.
You’ll only need 6 ingredients:
- coconut oil (heat it up if it’s solid)
- peanut butter (I use pb made from 100% roasted peanuts; no added sugar, salt, or additives)
- maple syrup (alternatives: rice syrup, agave syrup, date syrup)
- cocoa powder (dutch-processed cocoa powder is my favorite!)
- rolled oats (make sure you’re using gluten-free certified oats if you have a gluten intolerance)
- puffed quinoa (I use store-bought puffed quinoa without added sugar, salt, or oil)
The basic steps
How to store granola
Granola lasts for weeks if you do it right. It’s important to let the granola cool off COMPLETELY. Then pour it into an air-tight glass jar. And close the lid. Keep it at room temperature.
This is the perfect fuss-free breakfast! Just add plant-based milk or vegan yogurt.
The best Plant-Based Milk for Granola
More Granola Recipes
- Almond Butter Granola
- Marzipan Granola with dried blueberries
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Gingerbread Granola
- Chocolate Granola
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Puffed Quinoa Granola as much as I did!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Puffed Quinoa Granola
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (dutch-processed)
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Whisk it.
- Then add the puffed quinoa and rolled oats. Give it a good stir until all the quinoa and oats are coated.
- Add the granola onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake it at 350°F/180°C for 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool off completely, have it with plant-based milk, yoghurt or nice cream, fill the rest into air-tight glass jar for storage.