This Almond Butter Granola with chocolate chips is easy to make and absolutely delicious! If you’re not having a lot of time for breakfast during the week, you can take it to work/school/university too! Perfect!
I love making granola from scratch. I always feel like there’s something missing when I don’t have a jar of “granola of the week” on my kitchen counter waiting for me.
Granola doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming to make. You can easily double or triple the batch if you want! I usually make a smaller batch to try different variations of granolas.
You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make this Almond Butter Granola:
- Almond Butter (not into almond butter? Check out my 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola instead!)
- Maple Syrup
- Rolled Oats (make sure you’re using gluten-free certified oats if you have a gluten intolerance)
- Chocolate Chips – you could even leave those out but chocolate chips make everything better, so why would you?
With these base ingredients of nut butter, maple syrup, and rolled oats, you can make any kind of granola! Add dried fruits, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts to make your very own granola.
How to store granola
Granola lasts for weeks if you do it right. It’s important to let the granola cool off COMPLETELY. Then pour it into an air-tight glass jar. And close the lid. This is the perfect fuss-free breakfast! Just add plant-based milk, vegan yogurt, or nice cream. Boom. Done. Breakfast is served.
The best Plant-Based Milk for Granola
Of course, this is totally subjective. But here are my favorites for this Almond Butter Granola:
- Almond Milk (Want to make your own? Here’s a recipe for 3-Ingredient Almond Milk)
- Rice Coconut Milk
- Hazelnut Milk (LOVE this recipe for Date-Sweetened Hazelnut Milk)
I’d love to hear: What is your favorite vegan milk for granola? Let me know in the comments!
Almond Butter Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free, vegan)
- Whisk together almond butter and maple syrup. If the ingredients aren't liquid, then heat everything in a double boiler.
- Then combine the almond butter mixture with the rolled oats and give it a good stir until all the oats are coated. You can also use your hands for that. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Fill in the granola. Press it a bit into the pan. Bake at 360°F/180°C for 20 minutes - give them a stir after 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool off completely. Then break it apart and fill it in an air-tight glass jar.