Easy-to-make and delicious vegan Gingerbread Granola, that is perfect for the Christmas season! With all the typical spices: cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger! Get the gingerbread fix without actually having to make gingerbread.
Inspired by my first granola recipe on the blog (marzipan granola with dried blueberries), I wanted to create a variation that is perfect for these cold fall/winter days. So what would be better than making a crunchy granola that contains all the typical gingerbread flavors (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) and tastes totally like Christmas?
This vegan Gingerbread Granola
- only needs 6 ingredients,
- is super easy and quick to make,
- can easily be made gluten-free by using gf oats
- will get you right into the Christmas spirit!
I love how versatile oats are: granola, overnight oats or ground into oat flour and used for pancakes, waffles, etc. I don’t think there’s a grain more perfect for breakfast :)
If you store the granola in an air-tight glass jar (after letting it cool off), it will stay crunchy for weeks! Talk about fuss-free breakfast!
Want to make this Gingerbread Granola even more awesome? Make homemade date-sweetened almond milk to go with it. It’s the best!
Vegan Gingerbread Granola
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Combine. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix again until clumpy.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it so it’s about 1 inch thick.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Let it cool off completely before breaking it in chunks and using it in your breakfast e.g. with vegan almond milk, yogurt or on nice cream. Enjoy!
*Oats: Use certified gluten-free oats if you want to make the granola gluten-free.
Did you make this vegan Gingerbread Granola? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it :)
Natalie | Feasting on Fruit
Wednesday 29th of November 2017
How did you know this is pretty much EXACTLY the kinda snack I am currently craving? And so so simple too! I could plow through a batch of this stuff by the handful, but it does look like a perfect it's-almost-christmas-wooo! breakfast too :)
Thursday 30th of November 2017
Each year I'm having a hard time getting into the christmas spirit. But this year, listing to a christmas spotify playlist, the first snow and of course this gingerbread granola helped :D Now I want everything to be gingerbread-y!