For these Buttery Parsley Potatoes, you only need 4 ingredients but they are full of flavor and the perfect side dish for your festive Christmas/Thanksgiving meal or just everyday lunch/dinner!
These Buttery Parsley Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes from my childhood. They are so, so good with any ‘meaty’ just as sausages, schnitzel, or steak (now, of course, I eat all of these things in a plant-based, vegan form!). I’ve included a couple of ideas to serve the potatoes with below.
They are rather quick to make: just boil the potatoes, let them cool off a bit, then just coat them around in melted butter, salt, and chopped parsley.
So while they are perfect for a fancy Thanksgiving/Christmas/Whatever-Event-Meal, they are just as great for your regular lunch/dinner.
A quick note on the key ingredient of this recipe: baby potatoes! Baby potatoes aren’t a specific kind of potato, they are just new potatoes that are harvested early. This results in thin skin (you don’t have to peel the potatoes, just wash them really well), and they are super creamy. They are also holding their shape very well so perfect for boiling them. There are also red baby potatoes, so if you want your side dish to have a color pop, then that’s the way to go. If you can’t find baby potatoes, opt for small waxy potatoes because starchy potatoes would fall apart while boiling.
How to make Buttery Parsley Potatoes
As always, you can find the whole recipe in the box below, but I want to give you an overview of the required ingredients and instructions with step-by-step photos first.
You will need:
- baby potatoes (or just small waxy potatoes) – they hold their shape the best. You can also use red baby potatoes. If you use starchy potatoes, they might fall apart when boiling.
- vegan butter – I am using flora plant in this recipe but you can use any vegan butter/margarine that’s available to you. You can also use olive oil instead.
- fresh parsley
The basic steps
Serve them with…
- Vegan Schnitzel (made with TVP)
- Seitan Schnitzel
- Vegan Steak
- Homemade Vegan Sausages
- Banana Blossom Vegan Fish
More Vegan Potato Recipes you’ll love:
- Aloo Palak – Potato Spinach Curry
- Potato Wedges with Za’atar
- Oven Baked Potato Slices
- Crispy Potato Twisters with an Avocado Coriander Dip
- Vegan Gnocchi From Scratch
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these Buttery Parsley Potatoes as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Buttery Parsley Potatoes
- 15 baby potatoes or small waxy potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- You don't need to skin the potatoes, just wash them well. Cut them in halves. Boil them in hot water until fork-tender (when you can slide through the potato with a fork then they are done). Carefully, drain the potatoes. Set them aside to cool off for ± 10 minutes.
- Into the pot, add vegan butter, and salt. Bring the pot to medium heat, add the cooked potatoes, and chopped parsley. Carefully shake it around until the potatoes are well-coated. Once the potatoes are hot again, they're ready to serve.