Oat milk is the cheapest, fastest, most versatile plant-based milk you can make! There is really no reason to ever buy store-bought milk again.
I have a new obsession. Oat Milk! I’ve been making it for a couple of weeks now (always making sure I have some in the fridge for overnight oats, or iced coffee lattes) and I don’t see me stopping anytime soon.
Here are 3 good reasons why oat milk is amazing (and the best plant-based milk ever!):
- It’s the cheapest milk you can make. I buy a box of rolled oats for 60 cents, therefore 1/2 cup of oats cost me 6 cents and that’s all you need for 1 liter of oat milk. 6 cent oat milk coming your way! This is insane!
- It’s super quick to make (no soaking required; as opposed for nut milk).
- It’s versatile! You can add cinnamon, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, etc. for different kinds and flavors!
Bonus Tip: If you have a dog, roll the leftover oat pulp into balls and freeze. My puppy is crazy about these frozen oat treats! #zerowaste
How to make oat milk at home
You will need:
- rolled oats
You will also need:
- a blender
- a nut milk bag (a nylon nut milk bag works best for super silky and smooth oat milk)
The basic steps
Step 1: Add rolled oats and water in your blender.
Step 2: Blend on high for about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour the oat milk through a nut milk bag.
Step 4: Squeeze out excess milk.
Step 5: Fill the oat milk into glass bottles and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Plant-Based Milk you can make at home
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this homemade oat milk as much as I do! And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
2-Ingredient Homemade Oat Milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- In your blender, add the rolled oats and water.
- Blend on high for approx. 1 minute.
- Pour the oat milk through a nut milk bag into a bowl.
- Now pour the milk into a glass bottle. You can use it immediately or enjoy it chilled!