Recipe for vegan and gluten-free Blueberry Overnight Oats. Prepare the oats the day ahead and top with warm blueberry sauce the next morning. So good!
More often than not, I just skip breakfast. It’s just too much work and too early for me, but lately I’ve been trying to make it a habit to prepare a breakfast the day ahead, so it’s relatively fuss-free the next morning. Getting out of bed is soooo much easier when you know there’s a delicious treat aka Overnight Oats waiting for you in the fridge.
For these Blueberry Overnight Oats, I prepared a simple overnight oats base consisting only of rolled oats and plant-based milk. I used a rice-coconut milk (which I love!) because it’s unsweetened but it still tastes sweet. I find it to be the perfect vegan milk for overnight oats (or cereal in general) but all kinds of milks will work e.g. almond milk, oat milk or hazelnut milk would be delicious too.
The next day I heated frozen blueberries together with maple syrup and ground vanilla beans in a pot until warm and saucy and added it to the cold overnights oats. I immediately fell in love with the mix of cold oats and warm sauce! It’s so good!
And if that wasn’t enough, I’ve topped these vegan Blueberry Overnight Oats with fresh blueberries and shredded coconut. Yumm! Give it a try, now!
Let’s start a healthy habit together! Let me know your favorite flavors for overnight oats, if you have any!
Vegan Blueberry Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats Base
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup rice-coconut milk (lite and unsweetened) * + 1 tablespoon for the next day
- Add the rolled oats and 3/4 cup of the rice-coconut-milk in a glass jar and give it a good mix. Set it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, in small pot heat the frozen blueberries and add the maple syrup and ground vanilla bean. Cook it on medium heat without the lid for about 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir one tablespoon of rice-coconut milk into the overnight oats to add a bit more liquid.
- Pour the warm blueberry sauce on top of the overnight oats and give it a light swirl. Top with fresh blueberries, sprinkle with shredded coconut and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan Blueberry Overnight Oats? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!