Recipe for Hummus - an absolute classic in a vegetarian and vegan diet. Made with canned chickpeas. Super easy to make (under 5 minutes). Recipe yields 1 1/2 cups.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 people
Basic Homemade Hummus
- 17 oz canned chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water (add more if it's too thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Put all the ingredients for the Basic Homemade Hummus in your blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick).
Top with olive oil, white and black sesame seeds and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1547mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 10g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3.4mg