This easy Tomato Olive Pasta recipe is the perfect quick and fuss-free lunch or dinner! Ready in just 15 minutes and made with basic ingredients. Sprinkle it with homemade Almond Parmesan and you’ll be in pasta heaven! :)
Pasta is my go-to when I’m making lunch just for me. Oftentimes when I’m home alone, I don’t feel like cooking up a whole feast (like I usually do :D) so a simple, fuss-free and most of all QUICK pasta dish will do just fine.
This Tomato Olive Pasta dish is
- could even be made gluten-free by using gf pasta
- quick to make (15 min in total)
- made with very basic ingredients
- practically a one-pot-dish
- the perfect I-don’t-really-want-to-cook-much-I-just-want-to-stuff-my-face-with-pasta or I’m-all-alone-don’t-want-to-eat-anything-fancy-,-pasta-will-do meal. I should really use those as the title for the recipe.
Sprinkling Almond Parmesan (or as I like to call it – Almigiano hehe) makes any pasta dish 100x better, adds a great texture and cheesy taste! I recommend having Almond Parmesan at home at all times (you never know when those pasta cravings kick in!)
The recipe below is given for one serving, but did you know you can change the serving below in the recipe and it will automatically adjust the quantities?
More delicious vegan pasta recipes you will love!
- Vegan & gluten-free Mushroom Bolognese
- Quick Date Night Pasta with asparagus
- Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta with Almond Feta
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Easy Tomato Olive Pasta (Vegan)
- 1 cup egg-free fusilli pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives - halved
- 1/2 cup tomato purée/passata
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
To serve and garnish
- almond parmesan
- fresh basil
- Boil the fusilli in a large pot with water. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta, add the olive oil and bring it to medium to high heat. Add the green olives and let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the pasta back into the pot to the olives and reduce the heat. Add the tomato purée, herbs and salt. Stir everything together and serve once everything's hot.
- Sprinkle with Almond Parmesan and garnish with fresh basil.