Recipe for a vegan, spiralized Purple Carrot Salad with an Almond Dressing. Perfect side dish and great to bring to BBQs as well!
This Purple Carrot Salad with an Almond Dressing is the perfect side dish and great to bring to BBQs too! It’s a real eye catcher. The carrots are still crunchy and the dressing is sweet with a light taste of marzipan. I’ve added some additional Cashew Parmesan on top and it was so good!
I simply had to buy these beautiful purple carrots when I saw them in the store. They look so fancy in the salad! Have you tried them yet? In my opinion they taste a tiny bit sweeter than regular carrots.
Purple Carrot Salad with an Almond Dressing
- 3 purple carrots
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon water (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Homemade Cashew Parmesan (optional)
- Peel the carrots and spiralize them, and put them in a large bowl.
- Mix the almond butter with the water, lemon juice and salt until smooth and pour it over the spiralized carrots.
- Let the carrots marinate for about half an hour before serving them.
- Top with Cashew Parmesan if you want!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you be making this Purple Carrot Salad, I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^