Talk about fuss-free meals! This vegan Wild Garlic Pasta comes together in just 15 minutes! It’s the perfect quick & easy lunch or dinner idea during the wild garlic season!
When you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, pasta is always a good idea! While the spaghetti is cooking, you can make the wild garlic pesto in a food processor. That’s how this meal can be made in only 15 minutes! So it’s the perfect dish to make – even after a long day at work.
You can even prepare the wild garlic pesto ahead. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What is Wild Garlic?
Wild Garlic is green, leavy garlic. Other names for wild garlic are ramsons, buckrams, broad-leaved garlic, wood garlic, bear leek or bear’s garlic. The plant is native to Europe and Asia and might not be available in the US (check out farmer markets during the season). It’s in season from March to June.
For the Wild Garlic Pesto you’ll need:
- Wild Garlic
- Sunflower Seeds (or cashews, pine nuts, etc. but sunflower seeds are the cheapest option)
- Nutritional Yeast (adds cheesiness)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
I’ve sprinkled the pasta with more nutritional yeast flakes. You could also make a Vegan Parmesan made out of cashews or almonds.
More delicious vegan pasta recipes you will love!
- Vegan & gluten-free Mushroom Bolognese
- Quick Date Night Pasta with asparagus
- Easy Tomato Olive Pasta
- Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta with Almond Feta
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
15-Minute Wild Garlic Pasta
- 150 g spaghetti
- 3 cups wild garlic*
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water according to the package instructions, then drain and reserve a cup of cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's a nice smooth pesto. You might have to scrape down the sides.
- Add the pesto to the drained pasta, toss and add 1-2 tablespoon of cooking water to thin out the pesto until all the pasta is coated.
- Then divide the pasta onto two plates and sprinkle with more nutritional yeast flakes. Enjoy!
Saturday 4th of May 2019
Wow! I made pesto with wild rocket/arugula, but I've never thought of using wild garlic (in Hungary we call it "bearonion" :D). It sounds like a perfect dish! Thank you for sharing. :)
Monday 27th of August 2018
This pasta recipe is really nice and looks so Yummy. Pasta with the use of leavy garlic interestingly sounds. I will try it by myself. Thank you for the sharing this Recipe. I am just a big food lover & love to read blogs on food. I really like this one easy to make a recipe of pasta.
Thursday 10th of May 2018
Yes please! I love a good garlic pasta.
Monday 14th of May 2018
Making the most out of wild garlic season :)