No eggs – no dairy – These easy vegan pancakes could be your future Sunday breakfast! They are perfectly fluffy, quick to make and look amazing – no one would think they are vegan, promise! Top them with your favorite fruits, nut butter, or simple with vegan butter and maple syrup.
Pancakes without eggs and dairy? It’s totally possible! And not only that, they are AMAZING. These vegan pancakes are the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever had!
Ever since I’ve cracked the code for amazing vegan pancakes, they are a must-make on weekends (and to be honest, I eat them on weekdays too).
For these Vegan Banana Pancakes, I’ve used mashed bananas and a bit more baking powder than usual. This results in super fluffy pancakes! And they hold together perfectly. No need for eggs at all! I promise.
As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case rice milk but you can use any you want!).
The ingredients for Vegan Pancakes
For these easy vegan pancakes you’ll need only 6 ingredients:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk – e.g. rice milk, oat milk, soy milk, almond milk
- maple syrup
- oil – any neutral, plant-based oil will work: canola, sunflower, coconut, etc.
- flour – I am using all-purpose wheat flour
- baking powder
I’ve topped the pancakes with vegan butter and drizzled maple syrup on top. It’s such a classic combo but so good! Of course, you can add your various pancake toppings: nut butter, chocolate sauce, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, banana slices, chocolate chips, whatever you feel like!
How to make vegan Banana Pancakes
Making pancakes without eggs and dairy is super easy! Here are the basic steps:
Tip: Do you see the bubbles in the middle and the corners that have set? It’s time to…
What can I do if my pancakes are raw inside?
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
What can I do if my pancakes aren’t fluffy?
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
My pancake batter is spreading too much/not enough?!
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Help! My pancakes are sticking to the pan!
Make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.
Can I make these pancakes without oil?
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
Are vegan pancakes healthy?
These pancakes are made completely without white sugar. They are sweetened only with bananas and maple syrup. So I consider these pancakes to be a much healthier alternative to traditional pancakes.
Also, they don’t contain any animal products! And there’s only minimal oil. If you want to make these pancakes even healthier, you can use a mix of spelt and wheat flour or use whole wheat flour.
More delicious vegan pancake recipes
Pancakes are my favorite thing to make. Have a look at my other pancake recipes:
- The Best and Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes
- Banana Bread Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these fluffy vegan pancakes as much as I do! If you like them, please let me know. It always makes my day hearing good reviews!
I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube! Let’s get connected <3
Easy Vegan Pancakes Without Eggs and Dairy
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients for the toppings
- 1 small slice vegan butter
- maple syrup
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk. Add the flour and baking powder. Whisk again until combined, try not to overmix.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6-7 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, add a small slice of vegan butter and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.