Easy Vegan Pancakes Without Eggs and Dairy
No eggs - no dairy - These easy Vegan Pancakes are your future Sunday breakfast! They are perfectly fluffy, quick to make and look amazing. Top them with your favorite fruits, nut butter or simple with vegan butter and maple syrup.
Servings 1 stack with 7 pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients for the toppings
- 1 small slice vegan butter
- maple syrup
In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add in the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
Stack the pancakes, add a small slice of vegan butter and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn't spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk.
Tips for making the perfect vegan pancakes:
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 148g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 1162mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 6.6mg