This Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake is so good, it should be forbidden. You only need 5 ingredients, a blender, and 5 minutes. This is the perfect treat for hot summer days!
This Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake is a lifesaver on hot summer days. Sometimes I am just not in the mood to cook and just make this shake instead. It’s SO creamy, chocolatey, desserty!
For this shake, I am using frozen bananas and oat milk for a creamy base. It tastes like an ice cream shake without using ice cream! It’s magic!
I’ve also added lots of dutch-processed cocoa powder to make it super chocolatey. I mean I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but adding salt brings out the flavors even more.
Why I LOVE this shake (and so will you):
- no dairy! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free (because it’s only sweetened with the bananas)
- SO thick & creamy! It’s more like an ice cream shake without the ice cream!
- the frozen bananas make it a refreshing treat for the summer!
- ready in 5 minutes! Pro-tip: ALWAYS have banana chunks in the freezer for emergency milkshakes or nice cream.
- toss all the ingredients for the shake in a blender and DONE. Easy as that!
- You don’t need a high-speed blender for this shake. I am using a simple 60$-blender and it works perfectly!
How to make a vegan Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
- frozen bananas (Quick guide to freeze bananas: Peel ripe at-least-spotty bananas, break them into chunks (about 4-5 per banana), put them in a ziplock bag and freeze at least overnight)
- peanut butter – I am using smooth peanut butter made from 100% roasted peanuts – nothing else.
- plant-based milk – any milk will work, I am using unsweetened oat milk
- dutch-processed cocoa powder
The Basic Steps
Want more shake recipes?
- Strawberry Nice Cream Shake (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Coffee Nice Cream Shake
- Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Vegan Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
- 2 frozen bananas (peeled, cut in chunks, and frozen overnight)
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I used unsweeted oat milk)
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (dutch processed)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter + more if you want peanut swirls on the inside of the glass
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put the frozen banana chunks, plant-based milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and salt in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- You can smear peanut butter on the inside of the glass to make it pretty. Then pour the shake into the glass and enjoy!