These vegan Raspberry & Vanilla Pancakes are quick & easy to make. They are perfect for any weekend brunch! No eggs, no dairy, yet super fluffy!
If I HAD to open a restaurant, it would definitely be a breakfast & brunch place! I couldn’t imagine a happier place than being in a space with huge stacks of fluffy pancakes, crispy waffles, savory tofu scramble, homemade bread and spreads.
Oh and these Vegan Raspberry & Vanilla Pancakes would absolutely be on the menu!
The ingredients for Vegan Raspberry & Vanilla Pancakes
You will need:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup
- baking powder
- ground vanilla beans
- baking spray or oil
How to make Vegan Raspberry & Vanilla Pancakes
Making pancakes without eggs and dairy is super easy!
Here are the basic steps:
Frequently Asked Questions – Pancakes
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
These pancakes are made completely without white sugar. They are sweetened only with bananas and maple syrup. So I consider these pancakes to be a much healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. Also, they don’t contain any animal products! And there’s only minimal oil. If you want to make these pancakes even healthier, you can use a mix of spelt and wheat flour or use whole wheat flour.
Pancakes without eggs and dairy? It’s totally possible! You don’t even need any weird egg replacement powders. For these Vegan Banana Pancakes, I’ve used mashed bananas and a bit more baking powder than usual. This results in the fluffiest pancakes ever! And they hold together perfectly. No need for eggs at all! I promise. As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case rice milk but you can use any you want!).
More delicious vegan Pancake Recipes
- Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Plantain Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Apple Pie Pancakes
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Raspberry & Vanilla Pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- baking spray or oil for the pan
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, and maple syrup. Give it a quick whisk.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, and ground vanilla beans. Whisk until incorporated. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Add approx. 4 raspberries per pancake. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 8 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, drizzle with more maple syrup and add fresh raspberries.
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.