Is it even a party without pizza pinwheels?! I don’t think so! These vegan Pizza Pinwheels with olives are super easy & quick to make and the perfect crowd-pleasing snack.
I think I’ve made these vegan Pizza Pinwheels for every party and potluck ever. They are a real crowd-pleaser, super easy to make, done in 30 minutes, versatile (you can add all kinds of fillings!) and SO GOOD.
This version is made with vegan puff pastry, tomato sauce, vegan cheese shreds, and olives. The olives add a nice saltiness but you can also omit them if you’re not into olives.
You can fill them with really anything you want – but make sure the filling pieces are not too big because otherwise, you won’t be able to roll in the puff pastry really tight.
I’ve made already versions with blanched spinach, vegan sausage pieces, TVP crumbles, with sun-dried tomatoes, with vegan cashew parmesan instead of the vegan cheese shreds… they are really versatile, which makes them such a great snack and party food.
How to make Vegan Pizza Pinwheels
You will need:
- vegan puff pastry
- vegan cheese shreds
- tomato paste
- oregano, basil, salt
The Basic Steps
The Pizza Pinwheels are super easy and quick to make. As always, you will find the full recipe at the end of the post.
Step 1: Roll out the puff pastry dough. Combine the tomato paste with water, salt and herbs.
Step 2: Spread the puff pastry with tomato sauce.
Step 3: Add the vegan cheese.
Step 4: Add the olives.
Step 5: Roll it in.
Step 6: Close the edge by pressing it down carefully.
Step 7: Cut the roll in about 20-25 slices. It helps if you wet the knife, you’ll be able to cut through easier!
Step 8: Place the pinwheels on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
They should get a lovely golden color!
More Vegan Snack Recipes you will love
- 10 Vegan Cracker Recipes
- 20+ Vegan Snack & Dip Recipes
- Za’atar Breadsticks
- Pizza Crackers
- Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels
- Pretzel Garlic Knots
I hope you will enjoy these pinwheels as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Vegan Pizza Pinwheels with olives
- 1 vegan puff pastry dough*
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese shreds I used Wilmersburger
- 1/3 cup green pitted olives cut in rings
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough.
- Mix the tomato paste with water and add the spices & herbs. Spread the tomato sauce on the puff pastry dough, leave out the bottom border.
- Add the vegan cheese shreds.
- Sprinkle the olives on top.
- Roll the puff pastry dough in (as tight as possible) and close the edge.
- Cut the puff pastry dough roll in about 20-25 pieces.
- Place the Pizza Pinwheels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy.
- Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!