These vegan Peanut Butter Cookies topped with salted peanuts are super easy to make and so delicious! You will only need 6 ingredients!
I am starting this season of cookie-baking with cookies that are perfect for all year round: Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies!
These cookies are so, so easy to make! You only need a handful (+1) of ingredients, a bowl, and a hand mixer.
They only take about 20 minutes from start to finish! Which makes them the perfect cookies if there are people spontaneously coming over or the ideal I-want-to-nibble-on-something-while-watching-TV-Cookies!
I just love the combination of sweet cookies + salted peanuts on top. But it’s a dangerous combination for sure because I could eat the whole batch of cookies faster than I like to admit.
How to make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
As always, you can find the complete recipe (ingredients with measurements and detailed instructions) at the end of the post but I want to give you a quick overview of the ingredients used for these cookies!
- Peanut Butter – I use smooth peanut butter that is made from 100% peanuts (without added sugar, oil or salt, or whatever).
- Sugar – I use regular white sugar (make sure it’s vegan as some sugars are processed through bone char). You could also use brown sugar but don’t sub it with a liquid sweetener like maple syrup as it will completely change the flour to liquid ratio.
- Flour – I use all-purpose wheat flour. You can use whole wheat flour instead. I haven’t tried this recipe with gluten-free flour yet.
- Baking Powder
- Plant-Based Milk – You can use any plant-based milk you have at home e.g. oat, rice, soy, almond, hemp, cashew,… I use unsweetened rice milk.
- Salted Peanuts – You just need a few salted peanuts, chopped, to top the cookies with. You can also use non-salted peanuts and add a sprinkle of salt yourself.
The basic steps
More vegan cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Chunky Monkey Cookies (Vegan, Oil-Free, Sugar-Free)
- Sugar-Free Banana Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Cookies with Raspberries
- Molasses-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan peanut butter cookies as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup rice milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 360°F/ 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and sugar. Mix everything together until creamy with a hand mixer.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix again. It will get crumbly.
- Lastly, add in the rice milk until the dough gets clumpy. Then use your hands to knead it together into a ball.
- Break off parts of the dough and form balls with your hands, put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use a fork to press the cookies down, then top them with chopped salted peanuts and press them into the cookies just a bit.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Take them out once you see brown edges. Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!