These Almond Butter Sugar Cookies are the perfect cut-out cookies because the dough is easy to work with, you will only need 5 ingredients, and they make the ideal base cookie to decorate with chocolate coating, shredded coconut, or whatever you have in mind for them!
Just recently, I made these Peanut Butter Cookies and I thought ‘mhhh… would this work with almond butter as well?’. So I tried it out and I turned them into cut-out cookies because the dough was SO EASY to work with.
They smell like marzipan and have a slight marzipan flavor to them (marzipan is made out of almonds, so it makes sense).
What I also love about these cookies is that you only need 5 ingredients to make them and they bake rather quickly (8 mins per batch).
If you’re looking for easy and delicious cut-out cookies then these are the way to go! You can also make them with your kids because they are so easy to work with!
Because having a cookie dough, that is too sticky or too crumbly to work with, ruins the Christmas spirit. Nobody needs that. ;)
How to make Almond Butter Sugar Cookies
As always, you can find the complete recipe (ingredients with measurements and detailed instructions) at the end of the post but I want to give you a quick overview of the ingredients used for these cookies!
- Almond Butter – I use white almond butter that is made from 100% blanched almonds (without added sugar, oil or salt, or whatever). Of course, you can also use brown almond butter, the cookies will just turn out a bit darker.
- Sugar – I use regular white sugar (make sure it’s vegan as some sugars are processed through bone char). Don’t sub it with a liquid sweetener like maple syrup as it will completely change the flour to liquid ratio.
- Plant-Based Milk – You can use any plant-based milk you have at home e.g. oat, rice, soy, almond, hemp, cashew,… I use unsweetened rice milk.
- Flour – I use all-purpose wheat flour. You can use whole wheat flour instead. I haven’t tried this recipe with gluten-free flour yet.
- Baking Powder
The basic steps
More vegan Christmas cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Molasses-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- No-Bake Marzipan Rum Balls + Holiday Cookie Party (vegan & gluten-free)
- The easiest Christmas Cookies ever – German Marzipan Balls (vegan & gluten-free)
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these Almond Butter Sugar Cookies as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Almond Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup almond butter (white, smooth)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1/4 cup rice milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 360°F/ 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond butter, sugar, and rice milk. Use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix again. The ingredients should come together. Use your hands to form a ball. You can use additional flour if it’s too sticky.
- Put the ball of dough into a container or cover in plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Put the chilled dough onto a lightly floured parchment paper and roll it out.
- Cut out the cookies and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them at 360°F/180°C for approximately 8 minutes or until the edges get slightly brown.
- Let them cool off completely. To store them: Put them into an air-tight container at room temperature. They should be fine for at least a week!
- Optional: Then you can decorate them. Heat the dark chocolate in a double boiler, brush the cookies with the chocolate coating. Add a sprinkle of shredded coconut onto each cookie. Enjoy!