These vegan Gingerbread Pancakes are drizzled with date syrup. You’ll only need 9 ingredients and they are super easy to make. The perfect breakfast to get into the Christmas spirit! The whole apartment will smell amazing! :)
These pancakes are everything you’ve ever wanted in Christmas-themed pancakes:
- They are super fluffy.
- They taste like Christmas. They smell like Christmas. The whole apartment will smell like Christmas! If you’re not into the Christmas spirit already, these will put you right into it.
- They are really quick and easy to make. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the plant-based milk and date syrup. Whisk everything together and ready is the batter!
- You’ll definitely want to drizzle date syrup on top of these. I know – usually I’m #teammaplesyrup, but for these, you’ll want to get date syrup. It’s the perfect ooey gooey sweetener with a molassy taste.
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
See how fluffy these vegan Gingerbread pancakes are?! The trick is…. baking powder! ;)
Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg powder in a mixing bowl, give it a quick whisk. Add the plant-based milk and date syrup. Whisk until incorporated. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes.
- Now, let’s stack the pancakes and drizzle with more date syrup! Enjoy!