Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream – made with only 3 ingredients and no ice cream machine needed! It’s the perfect treat for hot summer days.
I’ve got a new favorite ice cream combo: bananas + strawberries + cookies! And yes, I’ve had my fair share of ice creams instead of lunches lately. But it has been way too hot to cook anyway. So don’t you dare judge me ;)
I love how easy it is to make banana-based ice cream and how crazy you can go with all the different flavors!
You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this healthy ice cream! A food processor (or alternatively a blender) will do. With a blender, I recommend adding a bit of liquid such as rice milk or almond milk to help the blades get all the fruits (this will also return in slightly softer ice cream). But with a food processor, you just need the frozen fruits and you’re good to go!
Pro tip for the summer: Always keep a stash of fruits in your freezer. That way you can make all kinds of different fruity nice cream recipes (bananas as the base + 2nd fruit).
How to make Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
You will need:
- frozen bananas
- frozen strawberries
- shortbread cookies (I used vegan butter-flavored cookies by Veganz)
The basic steps
Step 1: Pulse the shortbread cookies until crumbly. Set aside in a bowl.
Step 2: Add the frozen bananas and strawberries to the food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Step 3: Add about 3/4 of the cookie crumbs to the ice cream. Pulse again.
Step 4: Then scoop the ice cream into a cone or bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the cookie crumbs. Enjoy!
More Vegan Ice Cream Recipes you will love
- 10 Vegan Nice Cream Recipes to Beat the Heat
- 2-Ingredient Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Raspberry Ice Cream
- Cherry Nice Cream with chocolate chunks
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
I hope you will enjoy this vegan Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas peeled, chopped, frozen overnight
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 vegan shortbread cookies I used 'Veganz - Der Keks'
- Place the shortbread cookies into the food processor and pulse until crumbly. Pour them in a bowl and set aside for now.
- Put the frozen banana and strawberries in your food processor. Pulse until completely smooth. (Don't give up, this may take a while depending on the power of your processor.) You might have to scrape down the sides a few times. Then add about 3/4 of the cookie crumbs and pulse again.
- Transfer the strawberry shortcake ice cream into a bowl or scoop into cones and sprinkle with the rest of the cookie crumbs! Enjoy!