Frozen bananas are the perfect base for the easiest, creamiest and healthiest ice cream. For this Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, you’ll only need 3 ingredients and a food processor (or blender). No churning and ready in 5 minutes!
Remember the phase when I had a chocolate and peanut butter obsession (proof 1, 2, 3, 4)? Okay, this was a trick question. Chocolate and peanut butter can’t be a phase. Once you’re on it, you can never get off. Long time no see, the magic combo of chocolate and peanut butter has made its return. Welcome back, CPB!
The last couple of months have been extreme (temperature-wise). It’s no overstatement to say that ice cream has saved me. Or to be more exact: nice cream has saved me. There were days when it was too hot to cook, so I ate mostly nice cream (and variations) for breakfast and lunch. Not complaining though. Ice cream for lunch is every child’s dream, right? My boyfriend always tells me that I eat like a five-year-old when I’m home alone. I think he’s right.
The advantage of eating nice cream is that it’s completely guilt-free because the base is only frozen bananas. Bananas = fruits = healthy. Mhhh… okay?!
I’ve added cocoa powder (dutch-processed) and peanut butter to the frozen bananas and blended everything until creamy. And of course, more peanut butter to drizzle on top. Just because!
Making healthy, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free ice cream was never easier. No ice cream machine. No churning. 3 ingredients. 5 minutes. Can summer last forever, please?!
More Vegan Nice Cream Recipes
I hope you will enjoy this ice cream as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 4 ripe and spotty bananas
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (dutch-processed)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter - divided
- Peel the banana, break it into chunks, and put it in a ziplock or freezer-friendly container. Freeze overnight.
- Place the frozen banana chunks, cocoa powder and half of the peanut butter in a food processor, and pulse until a creamy banana ice cream is formed. Don’t give up on the ice cream too soon; it might look like it’s not working, but if you give it a bit of time, you’ll get there! You might have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Scoop into bowls, drizzle the rest of the peanut butter on top. Enjoy!