This vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirls is the perfect creamy treat for the summer. You’ll only need 6 ingredients to make it and it’s a no-churn ice cream!
This recipe is a product of perfect combinations:
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam (in this case my quick homemade Strawberry Chia Jam)
- Summer and Ice Cream
This PB & J Ice Cream is super easy to make – you won’t need an ice cream machine and you don’t have to churn it every x hours, just place frozen bananas, peanut butter and salt in a food processor and process until you end up with the perfect creamy ice cream. Then we’re going to swirl the Strawberry Chia Jam into the ice cream and freeze it for a few hours. And you’ll be rewarded with a treat so decadent – you won’t believe that it’s vegan.
Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirls
Ingredients for peanut butter ice cream base
- 6 bananas , frozen and in chunks *
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter **
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ***
Quick Strawberry Chia Jam
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- For the strawberry chia jam, heat the frozen strawberries in a small pot, add the maple syrup and let them cook on medium heat until soft. Mash them with a fork, add the chia seeds and give it a quick mix. Take the pot off the stove and let it sit for about an hour to thicken.
- Place frozen banana chunks, peanut butter and salt in a food processor and process until completely smooth ice cream. You might have to work in two batches - depending on the size of your food processor. Give it time. If you think it won't work, process it more until it's creamy!
- Transfer the peanut butter ice cream into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, swirl the strawberry jam into the ice cream and freeze for at least 3-4 hours. Enjoy! If it's too hard to spoon out, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
Did you make this Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirls? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!