These Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets are the perfect game day snack! Even when you’re not into sports, you’ll love these crispy veggie nuggets. It’s almost unbelievable that these are made with cauliflower! Dip them into BBQ sauce and enjoy!
I really don’t know how to begin to describe these Cauliflower Nuggets because they are UNREAL. You have to try them for yourself to find out how amazing these are!
They are super crispy and soft on the inside. It’s almost unbelievable that it’s cauliflower!
These Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets are my favorite thing to make with cauliflower right now (and probably forever). I always felt that cauliflower is the meh-cousin of broccoli, but these nuggets made me fall in love with the vegetable for real.
Served with BBQ sauce, these are the perfect snack for game day get-togethers or parties!
The ingredients you will need for these Cauliflower Nuggets are super basic. You can find the whole recipe at the end of the post. But here’s an overview:
- Frying oil (strain leftover-oil and reuse it!)
- for the batter, you will need:
- and spices
- for the breading, you’ll need:
- fine breadcrumbs,
- panko flakes,
- flour (to make sure the cauliflower florets are coated completely),
- sesame seeds,
- and spices
If you don’t have panko flakes at home, no worries, just use more fine breadcrumbs! If you’re missing some of the spices, feel free to experiment with what you have!
How to make Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets (Step by Step)
Step 1: Break the cauliflower into florets.
Step 2: Dip cauliflower florets into the batter.
Step 3: Coat the battered cauliflower florets in breadcrumbs.
Step 4: Fry the breaded cauliflower until golden brown (4-5 minutes). Place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Step 5: Work in batches. Repeat until you’ve breaded and fried all the cauliflower florets. Enjoy!
Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- frying oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Break the cauliflower in florets and wash them.
- For the batter: In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika powder, turmeric powder. Add water and whisk until it's a smooth batter.*
- For the Breading: Combine all the ingredients listed above for the breading in a bowl.
- Heat the frying oil in a pot.** Make sure you don't fill the pot more than half the height of the pot to prevent oil from spilling over.
- Then take one cauliflower floret at the stem, dip it in the batter, then in the breading (make sure it's coated well), then carefully lower it into the oil. Work in batches (4-8 nuggets depending on the size of your pot). Let them fry for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the cauliflower nuggets onto a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat until you've used up all the cauliflower florets. They are absolutely delicious dipped in BBQ sauce or sweet & sour sauce!