This Golden Cauliflower Rice is a delicious low-carb alternative to regular rice! Ras el Hanout gives the cauliflower a beautiful color and rich taste.
Not only is this Golden Cauliflower Rice super pretty to look at, healthy, and delicious, it’s also extremely quick and easy to make.
And when I say quick, I mean super quick – like 10 mins! So it’s perfect for hot days when you don’t want to stand in the kitchen all day long.
You actually have many methods of making cauliflower rice:
- you can eat the cauliflower rice raw
- you can bake it (recipe for oven-roasted cauliflower rice)
- you can steam it
- or you can sauté it in a pan < this is the method I am using for this recipe.
It’s such a great low-carb alternative to rice. This cauliflower rice goes great with anything grilled – such as vegan sausages, burger patties, veggies, tofu, tempeh.
What is Ras el Hanout?
This golden cauliflower rice gets its color and flavor from Ras el Hanout. This is a spice mix commonly used in the North African cuisine.
There is no fixed list of ingredients, the blends vary from brand to brand, but typical ingredients include cardamom, cumin, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, ginger, chili, coriander seed, fenugreek, and turmeric.
If you can’t find Ras el Hanout, you can also use mild curry powder or turmeric (check out the recipe notes for adjusted measurements).
How to make Golden Cauliflower Rice
You will need:
- ras el hanout (alternatively: curry powder, turmeric powder)
- lemon juice
The basic steps
More vegan cauliflower recipes
- Spicy Cauliflower Wings
- Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Za’atar Chickpeas
- Tandoori Cauliflower Wrap with Basil Cream Sauce
- Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sriracha Swirls
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this Golden Cauliflower Rice as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Golden Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cauliflower medium-sized
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or any plant-based oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- Break the cauliflower into florets and add them to your food processor.
- Blitz the cauliflower up until it is looking kinda like rice. They can be a bit bigger, no worries.
- In a large pan over high heat, add the olive oil, cauliflower rice, salt, ras el hanout, and lemon juice. Give it a good mix.
- Stir while cooking. This will take about 5 minutes. Basically you can sauté it until the cauliflower is soft. I like to cook it a bit further so that the cauliflower gets a bit crispy. But this is up to you.
- Serve. Bonus points for adding fresh parsley on top.
Friday 15th of July 2022
Easy & delicious!