These baked Cauliflower Wings are coated in BBQ sauce. They are easy to make and a healthier alternative to the fried cauliflower wings. Have them as a snack or make them into a whole meal serving them over rice and veggies.
Unlike my two other cauliflower wings recipes (Spicy Cauliflower Wings & Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets) these BBQ Cauliflower Wings are baked, not fried. Which makes them a healthier alternative.
These baked cauliflower wings are then coated in BBQ sauce. Make sure you’re using a BBQ sauce that you actually like because it will make most of the flavor. I’m always using a smoky BBQ sauce which I find better than the ones that go into the sweeter direction – at least for these wings.
You can make these BBQ Cauliflower Wings as a snack and serve them in a bowl with wedges (like I did) or you can make a whole meal out of them by serving them over rice and veggies.
How to make Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings
As always, you can find the whole recipe at the end of the post. But here’s an overview of the ingredients you will need:
- for the batter:
- and spices
- for the breading:
- fine breadcrumbs,
- panko flakes,
- flour (to make sure the cauliflower florets are coated completely),
- and spices
- BBQ sauce (and water to thin it out)
If you don’t have panko flakes at home, no worries, just use more fine breadcrumbs! If you’re missing some of the spices, feel free to experiment with what you have!
The basic steps
More Cauliflower Recipes you will love
- Breaded & Fried Cauliflower Nuggets
- Spicy Cauliflower Wings
- Golden Cauliflower Rice
- Tandoori Cauliflower Wrap
- Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these baked BBQ cauliflower wings as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower
- fresh parsley to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup smoky BBQ sauce **
- water to thin out the sauce (I used 1/4 cup)
- Break the cauliflower in florets and wash them.
- For the batter: In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and paprika powder. Add water and whisk until it's a smooth batter.*
- For the breading: Combine all the ingredients listed above for the breading in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter, then in the breading (make sure they are coated well), place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once you have the tray full of cauliflower wings, bake them for 20 to 25 minutes until crispy, flipping them once halfway through. You might have to use a second tray to fit in all the cauliflower wings.
- Thin out the BBQ sauce with water. Then add the baked cauliflower wings. Carefully shake to coat them. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!