Recipe for a vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sriracha Swirls, topped with toasted Pumpkin Seeds. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and delicious!
Every time I’m making creamy soups I’m surprised that they are that easy to make, always turn out great and wonder why I don’t make them more often. Hm, there is too much delicious vegan food to make! How should someone eat all that food with only three meals a day? My list of stuff I want to make again or for the first time is getting longer and longer instead of shorter… What am I doing wrong?!
However I had some leftover cauliflower and decided it was time again. For a creamy soup. So here it is: Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sriracha Swirls topped with toasted Pumpkin Seeds. The Sriracha Swirls gave the soup a lovely spicyness, so I wanted the soup itself mild but if you’re like a super spicy person, feel free to use hot curry powder instead of a mild one. But I’m not brave enough for that. But I’m getting there. I hope :)
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sriracha Swirls
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups veggie broth
- salt to taste I added 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- sriracha sauce
- optional: toasted pumpkin seeds
- Chop your cauliflower in small florets and wash them.
- In a large pot on medium high heat add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower, let it roast for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the veggie broth and let it cook on medium-high heat (with the lid on) for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Let it cool off a little before putting it in a blender. Take the center piece out of the lid! This should prevent it from exploding all over your kitchen. Blend until the soup is completely smooth.
- Put the mixture back in the pot, add the coconut milk and let it cook for about 7 minutes on high heat with the lid off until it reaches your desired consistency. This is also the time to salt it to taste. I've added 1/4 teaspoon of salt, but it really depends on the veggie broth you're using.
- Pour the soup into the bowl, make swirls with Sriracha Sauce and additional coconut milk and add toasted pumpkin seeds on top, if you like. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!