Vegan Ice Cream made out of Bananas? Topped with Chocolate? Yes Please! Try this Banana Stracciatella Ice Cream!
Super easy ice cream without an ice cream machine. Main ingredients are bananas, which are such a great basic ingredient for ice cream. Before putting the cream in the freezer I added some chocolate sauce, later while stirring it up occasionally it resulted in delicious small chocolate bits in the ice cream. Try the Banana Stracciatella Ice Cream!! (SOO GOOD!)
Banana Stracciatella Ice Cream
- 4 bananas frozen & in pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cut bananas in pieces and freeze at least overnight, if you haven't done this yet.
- Put the frozen banana pieces + coconut milk in your kitchen processor or blender and pulse until it is a smooth cream. Don't give up, this may take a while depending on the power of your processor.
- Put the banana mixture in a freezer safe dish.
- Heat up chopped chocolate + coconut oil in a small pot.
- Pour it over the banana mixture.
- Put it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours, but stir occasionally (every half hour should do). This should break up any ice crystals.
- If it is too hard, let it sit for about 5-10 at room temperature. Then you're good to go. Enjoy!
Did you make this Banana Stracciatella Ice Cream? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!