This Salted Caramel Swirl Nice Cream is so much healthier than you would expect! The ice cream is made out of frozen bananas and you’ll only need 4 ingredients for the Salted Caramel Sauce!
This Salted Caramel Swirl Nice Cream is insane! Creamy nice cream with salty, fudgy caramel sauce? Count me in!
This Salted Caramel Sauce is just magic! You only need four ingredients and one minute to whisk it together. I sometimes call it my fake caramel because it uses no sugar and you don’t have to heat anything up, instead, I am using a combination of almond butter and maple syrup which tastes just like caramel and gets this really thick, fudgy consistency.
The nice cream base is no less magical (especially if you’ve never had nice cream before!). All you need is frozen bananas. It’s the creamiest, easiest, fastest, cleanest, and healthiest ice cream ever.
Basically, you can add cocoa powder, peanut butter, other fruits, or whatever you feel like into the nice cream but for this recipe, I’m keeping it simple with only frozen bananas because I want the focus on the salted caramel flavor.
You will need:
- frozen bananas (peel the bananas, break them into chunks, freeze in a ziplock bag at least overnight)
- almond butter – I am using brown almond butter made from 100% roasted almonds, no sugar, no salt, no additives.
- maple syrup – alternatively you can also use rice syrup, or agave syrup
The basic steps
More nice cream recipes…
- Peanut Butter Nice Cream with Magic Chocolate Shell
- Coffee Nice Cream Shake
- 2-Ingredient Raspberry Nice Cream
- 10+ Vegan Nice Cream Recipes to Beat the Heat
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this vegan Salted Caramel Swirl Nice Cream as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Salted Caramel Swirl Nice Cream
- 2 1/2 frozen bananas in chunks
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or rice syrup or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon water (add more to your desired consistency)
- 1 pinch salt
- For the caramel sauce: Add all the ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. You can add more water to reach the desired consistency.
- Place the frozen banana chunks into your food processor and pulse/blend until smooth and creamy. You might have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add the nice cream into your bowl and pour the salted caramel sauce on top. Swirl it into the nice cream. And enjoy!