Recipe for fluffy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes. They are Chocolate Pancakes topped with peanut butter sauce and shaved chocolate. A decadent way to start the day :)
Aaah, Peanut Butter and Chocolate… one of life’s magical food combinations! And seriously, what would be a better start into the day, than these super fluffy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes? I think I just went to vegan Pancake Heaven. The creamy peanut butter sauce is just slightly warm, which makes it even better and tastier. And they’re topped with shaved chocolate. Yes!
The recipe makes 8 medium to smallish – but super thick – pancakes which is the perfect amount for 2 people. Or a giant stack for one. I don’t judge. Especially not when it comes to pancakes.
What can I do if my pancakes are raw inside?
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
What can I do if my pancakes aren’t fluffy?
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
My pancake batter is spreading too much?!
My pancake batter isn’t spreading enough?!
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Can I make these pancakes without oil?
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan with oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water (+ more until the peanut butter sauce is drizzly)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 piece dairy-free chocolate (ca. 15g)
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a mixing bowl, give it a quick whisk. Add in the date syrup, plant-based milk and canola oil. Whisk until incorporated. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, let's prepare the peanut butter sauce. In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter, hot water and maple syrup. Depending on the Peanut Butter you're starting out, you might have to add more hot water to make it drizzly.
- Use a veggie peeler to shave the chocolate.
- Back to the pancakes, spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes.
- Now, let's stack the pancakes, drizzle peanut butter sauce on top and add the shaved chocolate. Enjoy!
Did you make these Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!