Overnight Oats are my #1 fuss-free breakfast at the moment. These Simple Vanilla Overnight Oats are topped with almond butter and frozen raspberries. Waking up is so much easier when you know there’s breakfast waiting for you in the fridge.
Oats are without a doubt THE breakfast grain! Whether they are used in warm oatmeal, cold overnight oats, oat pancakes, granola – there are so many delicious possibilities to eat oats. My favorite way to eat oats rights now is definitely in overnight oats.
This is a very simple overnight oats recipe with a vanilla base and it’s topped with almond butter and frozen raspberries. If you want to change things up, make sure you also check out my Blueberry Overnight Oats and Chocolate Overnight Oats.
The Ingredients for Vanilla Overnight Oats
Here’s what you’ll need for these simple Overnight Oats:
- rolled oats
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- vanilla bean powder (basically just ground vanilla beans!)
- almond butter (topping)
- frozen bananas (topping as well)
Of course, you can add any toppings you like. Peanut butter, cocoa nibs, banana slices, chocolate sprinkles, coconut flakes would be nice too!
How to make Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are super easy and quick to prepare. No stove needed. Just mix together the ingredients and the oats will soften in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you’re waking up knowing that a delicious breakfast is already waiting for you. These are the best mornings!
- Combine plant-based milk with rolled oats in the ratio 1:1 (for this recipe I’ve also added maple syrup and vanilla bean powder). Give it a good mix.
- Let it thicken in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, add a splash of plant-based milk (optional, but I like it more that way!) and give it another stir.
- Add toppings and enjoy.
If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning, or if you’re eating at school/university/work, this is the perfect breakfast. It’s fuss-free and you can take it to go!
Overnight Oats are my #1 fuss-free breakfast at the moment. These Simple Vanilla Overnight Oats are topped with almond butter and frozen raspberries. Waking up is so much easier when you know there's breakfast waiting for you in the fridge.
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- frozen raspberries
In a bowl, combine the rice milk, maple syrup, and vanilla bean powder. Mix. Add the rolled oats and mix again. Fill it into a glass jar and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours (best is overnight - hence the name).
The next day, I like to add a tablespoon of rice milk to make the overnight oats more liquidy. Give it a quick stir. Then top it with almond butter and frozen raspberries. Enjoy!
* Of course, you can use any plant-based milk you like! I used stevia-sweetened rice milk for these overnight oats and it was perfect! Hazelnut milk, almond milk or oat milk would be great too!
Did you make these simple Vanilla Overnight Oats? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3