This raw & vegan Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Sauce and topped with Cashew Parmesan is the perfect healthy dish! It’s also gluten-free!
I still remember the first time I tried Zucchini Pasta (or Zoodles) like it was yesterday – I’ve gotten a spiralizer from my parents and was so happy that I could finally enter the magic world of gluten-free, super healthy vegetable pasta. I was amazed how much zucchini noodles tasted like real pasta!
In my other zoodles recipe on the blog I’ve heated the noodles quickly in the pan, this time it’s a raw recipe! I like this one even more because the other one cooked down really fast and you needed a lot of zucchini for one person. Also this new recipe has a creamy Avocado Sauce which is truly amazing and goes together so well with the Zucchini Pasta. Don’t miss out on topping it with Cashew Parmesan! It’s delicious!
This raw & vegan Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Sauce and topped with Cashew Parmesan is the perfect healthy dish! It's also gluten-free!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ground pepper
- Homemade Cashew Parmesan
- Put the spiralized zucchini in a large bowl, sprinkle half of the salt over the zucchini and give it a good mix. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the avocado, remove the seed and put it in a blender or food processor - mix it with the rest of the salt, the lemon juice and ground pepper until it's a smooth Avocado Cream. Taste it and add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
- After 20 minutes the zucchini should have lost quite a bit of its water - drain it and put it back in the bowl.
- Add the Avocado Cream and give it a good mix.
- Put the Zucchini Pasta on a plate and enjoy. Don't forget to top it with the Cashew Parmesan!
If you want to make this recipe for more servings, I'd recommend using 1 large zucchini per person.
Should you be making this healthy raw & vegan Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Sauce, I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^