Complement your Halloween with this delicious vegan Poison Cake! Peppermint Liquor gives the bottom a nice green color & adds some booze.
This is the perfect cake for (adult) Halloween parties: Boozy Poison Cake. The bottom is green because of the peppermint liqueur that also gives it its booziness :D Together with the chocolate covered top, it reminds me a lot of thin mints or after eight.
For the peppermint liqueur I used “Bols Peppermint Green”. Whatever brand you use, make sure it’s vegan! You can always check it on Barnivore.
The cake is really easy to make, just combine all the dry ingredients, then add the wet ones and whisk. Pour it in a baking dish and bake. Then, after it has cooled down, melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add a bit of coconut oil to make it more spreadable and then pour it over the cake. Easy peasy!
Watch how to make Boozy Poison Cake – Recipe Video (1.5 min)
Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos! :) Thank you!
Boozy Poison Cake for Halloween
Ingredients for the cake
- 2 cups all purpose-flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/5 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup peppermint liqueur I used the brand bols
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar or sub with apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for the chocolate layer
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the cake in a bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk.
- Prepare a lightly-oiled baking dish*. Pour the batter in the baking pan and bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Use the toothpick method to check if the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and a bit of coconut oil.
- When the cake is cooled down, pour over the liquid chocolate and tilt until it has spread all over the cake.
- Let it cool down again and enjoy!
If you give this vegan Boozy Poison Cake a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3
Looking for more delicious treats for Halloween?