This vegan Miso Udon Noodle Soup is perfect for the colder seasons! It’s warming and delicious. Mock Abalone makes the perfect topping!
After riding my bike to work in the rain I knew the day would be perfect for a hot udon noodle soup. This vegan Miso Udon Noodle Soup with Mock Abalone is my go-to soup. I eat it pretty much all winter long and it keeps me going. So good!
I added some miso paste, which I found just recently in an asian market. I still remember asking the owner about miso paste a few months ago and now he has a whole section of it! How cool is that?
The mock abalone I used is super soft and delicious. I’ve never tasted real abalone so I don’t have any comparison if “it’s the real deal” but it’s perfect as it is. I like the squishy consistency of the mock abalone because it is the perfect addition for the soup.
Vegan Miso Udon Noodle Soup with Mock Abalone
- 2 packages udon noodles
- 1/2 can mock abalone
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 splash soy-sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil or any plant-based oil
- 1 teaspoon finely cut spring onion
- Wash and chop the carrots. Wash the spinach.
- Heat 1/2 a teaspoon of sesame oil in a large pot and add the chopped carrots when it's hot.
- Add a splash of soy-sauce and the baby spinach leaves and give it a good mix.
- After 3-4 minutes add about 2 cups of water.
- Let it cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup fill a few tablespoons of the soup and mix in the miso paste until it dissolves. Then pour the mixture back into the pot.
- Add the udon noodles to the soup.
- Add more soy sauce to taste. I used low-sodium miso paste, so it really depends on the ingredients you're using.
- Meanwhile sauté the mock abalone in a separate pan until it gets a nice brown color.
- The soup is ready to serve when the udon noodles are soft and don't stick together anymore. Place the mock abalone on the soup and top it with the finely cut spring onions.
Should you decide to give this Miso Udon Noodle Soup with Mock Abalone a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3