This amazing vegan Breakfast Burrito with Chickpea Crepes is THE bomb when it comes to vegan breakfasts. Including Tofu Scramble & Potato Hash.
This savory chickpea crepe is the bomb! The crepe tastes like a super thin omelet, because of the kala namak in there. Also it’s super simple to make, don’t let the number of ingredients discourage you. You can sub them with your favorite breakfast fillings.
As a filling I made some potato hash, tofu scramble, mushrooms and arugula. And the combination is so good, but there a lot of variations possible. It basically is THE perfect vegan Breakfast Burrito!
Breakfast Burritos with Chickpea Crepes
Ingredients for the chickpea crepes
Ingredients for the potato hash
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons plant-based oil
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the mushrooms
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dill
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the tofu scramble
- 3/4 cup firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 splash unsweetened plant-based milk I used rice milk
Instructions for the chickpea batter
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the chickpea crepes. You don't want any raw besan flour clumps. Set aside.
Instructions for the Potato Hash
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes. In a pan, heat the plant-based oil and toss in the potato pieces. On medium high heat fry the potatoes and add rosemary and salt. Put a lid on top and stir every few minutes.
Instructions for the Tofu Scramble
- Meanwhile in another pan, heat a little bit of oil and add the scrambled tofu. Add the spices and the milk and cook it on medium heat.
Instructions for the mushrooms
- Clean the mushrooms, cut off the stem and quarter them or cut them again if you think they are too big. Heat them in a small pan, add dill and salt.
Instructions for the Chickpea crepes
- When everything is slowly getting ready heat up a crepe pan (you can add a little bit of oil) and pour in the chickpea batter. Tilt the pan until it is coated. When the sides losen up and there are small bubbles in the middle, you can turn them. Leave them for about 1 minute on the second side.
- As soon as everything is done, you can assemble it. There are so many varieties. You can also add some olives, dried tomatoes, ... to give it an interesting twist. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Breakfast Burrito with Chickpea Crepes? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!