This Hoisin Glazed Tofu Stir Fry is a quick and healthy plant-based meal. It’s great to take it to work or to school too! You can use your favorite veggies!
After all those cookies, decadent meals and way too many chips over the holidays, I was in the mood for something healthy-ish again!
I know this isn’t a very exciting recipe to share but if you’re looking for a simple, easy, healthy, plant-based, highly versatile meal, then this is for you: Hoisin Glazed Tofu Stir-Fry.
Also, if you’re wondering what a food blogger eats when she’s not sharing her meals, THIS. Rice, veggies, tofu, sauce. Delicious! It’s the perfect using-up-leftover-veggies-meal!
This Hoisin Glazed Tofu Stir Fry consists of:
- Base: Jasmine rice
- Veggies: Broccoli, carrots, mushrooms
- Protein: Tofu glazed with Hoisin Sauce
What I love most about this dish is that I could eat it every single day because it is so versatile! With different veggies (cauliflower, spinach, sweet potato), different sources of protein (tempeh, TVP, chickpeas), different sauces (soy sauce, teriyaki, BBQ) and even different bases (quinoa, couscous, wild rice, noodles).
Looking for more easy rice dishes and stir-fry recipes? Then you will also love…
- Vegan ‘Egg’ and Veggie Stir-Fry
- Sweet & Sour Mock Chicken on Fried Rice
- Teriyaki Jackfruit Sushi Bowl
Hoisin Glazed Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce and more to drizzle on top (e.g. Flying Goose Brand)
- Cook the rice on medium heat until all the water is absorbed.
- In a large pan or wok on medium to high heat, add the broccoli florets and a splash of water. Close the lid and let the broccoli cook for a few minutes until softened. Then add the canola oil, soy sauce, cremini mushrooms, and carrots. Stir to combine and let it cook without the lid for a few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside.
- In a second pan on high heat, add the canola oil for the tofu. Cut the tofu in triangles and add them to the pan. Add about 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce and stir to get the tofu coated.
- Let the tofu pan-fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until it gets golden and crispy.
- Divide the rice into bowls, add the veggies and crispy hoisin-glazed tofu and drizzle with more hoisin sauce. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
This post was first published in December 2014. Updated in January 2019.