Recipe for a vegan and gluten-free Green Power Bowl with collard greens, broccoli and potatoes. Easy to make, healthy and super tasty.
Crispy roasted potatoes, broccoli and finely chopped collard greens… sounds good? Then you’ll love this Green Power Bowl!
I wanted to make a dish that only used seasonal produce and came up with this delicious and actually super easy to make meal. Collard greens are awesome because they’re in season in fall and rich in vitamin C, fiber and vitamin K. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin C and fiber and one of my favorite veggies all-time. Oh and potatoes? … potatoes are just the bomb. My boyfriend caught a cold, so this was the perfect meal to stock up on that vitamin C!
What is also great about this meal is that it is a one-pot-dish! Just toss everything (well..not actually all at once, but step after step) in the pot and let it roast until done. The result is this super fresh, crispy and yummy Green Power Bowl.
Vegan & gluten-free Green Power Bowl
- 5 large collard green leaves
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Wash and dice the potatoes.
- In a large pan, heat the coconut oil and toss in the diced potatoes when hot. Season with the salt, paprika powder, garlic powder & dried rosemary. Put the lid on and roast the potatoes on medium to high heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft, while stirring every once in a while.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and let it roast (with the lid on) for another 5 minutes until soft.
- Wash the collard greens and remove the stems, roll it up and cut in thin slices and add them to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and let it roast on medium heat with the lid on for about 5 minutes. Stir everything together and add more salt to taste. You can turn on the heat to high at the end when your potatoes and not brown and crispy yet!
- Divide it onto two plates and enjoy!
Should you decide to give this Green Power Bowl a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3