Recipe for vegan Lime Rainbow Linguine made with rainbow carrots. Easy to make and you won’t need a spiralizer for this dish!
Besides making pasta entirely out of veggies, you can also combine veggie pasta and regular pasta and make a simple, but pretty pasta dish. For this recipe, I’ve used beautiful rainbow carrots – orange, purple and yellow. I didn’t want to hide all those gorgeous colors by adding a colorful sauce to it, but rather used a simple combination of lime juice, salt and peanut oil.
The purple ones were really weird, on the inside they were orange, so they looked like they were painted purple :D I love different-colored carrots! I’ve had purple carrots once before and made this Purple Carrot Salad with an Almond Dressing and this Fruity & Purple Spaghetti Bolognese. And I still got a few more ideas for these pretty veggies.
Carrots are usually available all year round, but these pretty rainbow carrots are more likely to appear around the end of summer/fall. I never, ever can resist buying those, it’s like with mushrooms, pumpkins or wild garlic – when they’re in season, I have to take advantage of that :)
The carrots make this simple dish so colorful. It would be such a great meal for date night – fancy and simple.
Lime Rainbow Linguine
- 6 carrots (I used 2 purple, 2 yellow and 2 orange ones)
- 7 oz dried linguine pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut them in julienne strips with a julienne peeler (a spiralizer didn't work because the carrots were too thin).
- In a large hot pan, add the peanut oil and julienned carrots, season with a pinch of salt and let it cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until they soften up a bit.
- Once the pasta is done, strain the noodles and add them to the hot pan.
- Give it a good mix and add the lime juice from the lime and salt to taste. You can drizzle more peanut oil on top if you want.
- Give it a good mix and let it roast for about a minute or two and then serve it onto 2 plates and top it with the chopped parsley.
Should you decide to give this Lime Rainbow Linguine recipe a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^