This Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta is perfect for the summer! It’s tangy, creamy, fresh, and quick to make. You’ll love it!
Summer is in full swing over here, and while I stick to nice cream shakes or cold dishes (see my Summer Recipes Collection for more inspiration) during the day, I crave a cooked meal in the evening.
And for these hot summer days, this Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta is perfect because:
- it’s light, tangy, and fresh
- doesn’t require the oven, just the stovetop, and therefore doesn’t heat up the apartment more than it needs to
- quick and easy to make (20 minutes)
This recipe is also versatile and allows a lot of add-ins: You can add caramelized onions, tofu cubes, or vegan shrimp.
I’ve topped the Lemon Pasta with freshly chopped parsley from the garden and homemade Cashew Parmesan.
A note on the blender: It’s really easy to make lemony cashew cream in a small blender (like a NutriBullet or Ninja). If your blender’s container is bigger, you might have to double or triple the cashew cream ingredients for it to work properly and to be really smooth.
How to make this Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta
As always you will find the whole recipe in the box below but I want to give you an overview of the key ingredients and basic steps with step-by-step photos first.
You will need:
- For the lemon cashew sauce (if you don’t want or can’t make your own cashew cream, you can use store-bought unsweetened cashew cream, oat cream, or soy cream and mix it with lemon juice)
- cashews (I use roasted + salted; add salt to taste if you’re using unsalted cashews)
- fresh lemon juice
- pasta (I used spaghetti but mafaldine or linguine or short pasta like penne or farfalle would be great choices too)
- fresh parsley (optional, for a bit of color)
- cashew parmesan (also optional)
The basic steps
More Delicious Vegan Pasta Recipes
- 30+ Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Caramelized Onion Pasta
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Bolognese
- Quick Date Night Pasta with asparagus
- Easy Tomato Olive Pasta
- Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta with Almond Feta
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta
- 1/3 cup cashews salted and roasted
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pasta & Toppings
- 1/2 pound pasta I used spaghetti noodles
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Cashew Parmesan
- Boil the pasta in a large pot or pan with water. Then drain but save the pasta water.
- For the lemon cashew cream: Add the cashews, lemon juice, and water into a blender. If you have the time, let it soak (even 10 min would be fine). Then blend until completely smooth.
- Add the lemony cashew cream to the pan. Thin the sauce out with pasta water as needed. Add more salt to taste. Then add the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta onto plates, top with freshly chopped parsley and cashew parmesan. And enjoy!